This program is no longer accredited for Nurses.
TITLE - Immunosuppressive Therapy in Renal Transplantation - Advances in Treatment & Management
TARGET AUDIENCE - Target audiences for this program are Specialty Pharmacists, Pharmacists, Clinical Pharmacists, Specialty Pharmacy executives, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Pharmacy Officers, Transplant Pharmacists, Transplant Nurses and Nurses
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - After completing the program, Specialty Pharmacists, Pharmacists, Clinical Pharmacists, Specialty Pharmacy executives, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Pharmacy Officers, Transplant Pharmacists, Transplant Nurses and Nurses, along with other healthcare practitioner participants will be able to:
- Discuss the immunologic mechanisms of transplant rejection, including the implications for various immunosuppressive agents
- Review the safety and efficacy profiles of available immunosuppressive agents and formulations
- Identify an individualized treatment plan for renal transplant recipients based on treatment stage, potential adverse events and comorbidities
- Describe the importance of monitoring patients on immunosuppressive therapy for graft function, adverse events, emergent infections and other complications
- Recognize barriers associated with treatment adherence in renal transplant recipients
- Discuss the importance of treatment adherence in renal transplant recipients and strategies to engage patients and maximize adherence post-transplantation
Before the activity, all faculty and anyone who is in a position to have control over the content of this activity and their spouse/life partner will disclose the existence of any financial interest and/or relationship(s) they might have with any commercial interest producing healthcare goods/ services to be discussed during their presentation(s): honoraria, expenses, grants, consulting roles, speakers bureau membership, stock ownership, or other special relationships. Presenters will inform participants of any off-label discussions. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by the Specialty Pharma Education Center for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
Faculty Disclosure: Shree Patel, PharmD, BCPS, has no conflicts of interest to disclose. She does not intend to discuss non-FDA approved drugs or investigational use of any product/device.
Pharmacist continuing education credit
Specialty Pharma Education Center (SPEC) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 1.5 hours (0.15CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Proof of participation will be posted to your NABP CPE profile within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the post-test (score of 70% or higher). Participants will have 3 opportunities to pass the post-test. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit.
Knowledge Based Activity
Course release date 8/15/2018
Course expires 8/15/2021
Nursing continuing education credit
Course release date 8/15/2018
Course expires 8/15/2020
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|0535-0000-18-010-H01-P||0.15 CEUs||August 15, 2018 - August 15, 2021|