Supported by an Educational Grant from: Amgen
TITLE - Payer Perspectives: Insights on Biosimilars and the Future Payer Landscape
TARGET AUDIENCE - Physicians, Medical Directors, and other healthcare professionals
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - After completing the program, Physicians along with other healthcare practitioner participants will be able to:
- Discuss how payers view the savings potential from the implementation of biosimilars in the US
- Describe what challenges are faced by payers and what aspect of biosimilars implementation they view to control
- Discuss what the driving decisions will be in covering biosimilar drugs
- Discuss if there is a need for Payer education on biosimilars
- Review Payer strategies with biosimilars and formulary management
Pharmacist continuing education credit
Specialty Pharma Education Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 1.0 hour (0.1CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Proof of participation will be posted to your NABP CPE profile within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the post-test. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit.
ACPE # 0535-0000-15-007-H04-P
Knowledge based activity
Physicians continuing education credit
This CME activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through ScientiaCME. ScientiaCME is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ScientiaCME designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Course Release Date 6/4/2015
Course Expiration Date 6/4/2018