Supported by an educational grant from Eisai, Inc.
TITLE - Personalized Treatment in Breast Cancer: Advances in Biomarkers and Targeted Agents
TARGET AUDIENCE - Target audiences for this program are Specialty Pharmacists, Pharmacists, Clinical Pharmacists, Specialty Pharmacy executives, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Pharmacy Officers, Oncolology Pharmacists, Oncolology Nurses and Nurses
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - After completing the program, Specialty Pharmacists, Pharmacists, Clinical Pharmacists, Specialty Pharmacy executives, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Pharmacy Officers, Oncolology Pharmacists, Oncolology Nurses and Nurses, along with other healthcare practitioner participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of molecular biomarkers for a personalized treatment approach
- Recognize molecular biomarkers and pathways that may aid in therapy selection for breast cancer patients
- Discuss pclinical data regarding the mechanisms of action of approved and investigational targeted agents used for treatment of breast cancer
- Recognize common toxicities of newer molecularly targeted therapies and strategies to manage these toxicities
- Identify individualized treatment plans for patients with breast cancer based on the patient's biomarkers, clinical presentation, and treatment history
Before the activity, all faculty and anyone who is in a position to have control over the content of this activity and their spouse/life partner will disclose the existence of any financial interest and/or relationship(s) they might have with any commercial interest producing healthcare goods/ services to be discussed during their presentation(s): honoraria, expenses, grants, consulting roles, speakers bureau membership, stock ownership, or other special relationships. Presenters will inform participants of any off-label discussions. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by the Specialty Pharma Education Center for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
Pharmacist continuing education credit
Specialty Pharma Education Center (SPEC) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education. This program is approved for 1.0 hour (0.10CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Proof of participation will be posted to your NABP CPE profile within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the post-test. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit.
Knowledge Based Activity
Course release date 10/4/2018
Course expires 10/4/2021
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|0535-0000-18-021-H01-P||0.1 CEUs||October 04, 2018 - October 04, 2021|