Supported by an educational grant from Eisai, Inc.
TITLE - An Overview of Breast Cancer: Key Concepts for Healthcare Professionals
TARGET AUDIENCE - Target audiences for this program are Specialty Pharmacists, Pharmacists, Clinical Pharmacists, Specialty Pharmacy executives, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Pharmacy Officers, Oncolology Pharmacists, Oncolology Nurses and Nurses
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - After completing the program, Specialty Pharmacists, Pharmacists, Clinical Pharmacists, Specialty Pharmacy executives, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Pharmacy Officers, Oncolology Pharmacists, Oncolology Nurses and Nurses, along with other healthcare practitioner participants will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence and epidemiology of breast cancer
- Describe the pathophysiology and risk factors associated with breast cancer development
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of breast cancer
- Describe breast cancer diagnosis and staging
- List the different types of breast cancer
- Discuss prognostic factors that determine treatment options and prognosis
- Review the different treatment options available for patients with breast cancer
- Discuss the importance of screening for breast cancer and guidelines and tools used
- Describe preventative measures for breast cancer and its recurrence
Before the activity, all faculty and anyone who is in a position to have control over the content of this activity and their spouse/life partner will disclose the existence of any financial interest and/or relationship(s) they might have with any commercial interest producing healthcare goods/ services to be discussed during their presentation(s): honoraria, expenses, grants, consulting roles, speakers bureau membership, stock ownership, or other special relationships. Presenters will inform participants of any off-label discussions. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by the Specialty Pharma Education Center for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
Pharmacist continuing education credit
Specialty Pharma Education Center (SPEC) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education. This program is approved for 2.0 hours (0.20CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Proof of participation will be posted to your NABP CPE profile within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the post-test. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit.
Knowledge Based Activity
Course release date 10/8/2018
Course expires 10/8/2021
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|0535-0000-18-022-H01-P||0.2 CEUs||October 08, 2018 - October 08, 2021|