Supported by an Educational Grant from: Amgen
TITLE - Improving Patient Outcomes: Perspectives from Physicians and the Value of Patient Education
TARGET AUDIENCE - Physicians, Medical Directors, Pharmacists, Specialty Phrmacists, Pharmacy Directors, and other healthcare professionals
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - After completing the program, Physicians, Medical Directors Pharmacists, Specialty Phrmacists, and Pharmacy Directors along with other healthcare practitioner participants will be able to:
- Describe the effects of prescriber and patient acceptance of biosimilars and why physicians may hesitate to prescribe them
- Recognize how patients can overcome barriers for treatment initiation and adherence to biologics
- Discuss whether a central source for biosimilars research studies and clinical trials may be beneficial to prescribers
- Review how prescribers view safety and efficacy given abbreviated development pathways
- Review the need for Patient education, resources for patients to access information, and the impact of patient support programs
- Describe the value for patients in adopting biosimilars in terms of effectiveness, quality, safety, ease of use, and cost
Pharmacist continuing education credit
Specialty Pharma Education Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 1.0 hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Proof of participation will be posted to your NABP CPE profile within 4 to 6 weeks to participants who have successfully completed the post-test. Participants must participate in the entire presentation and complete the course evaluation to receive continuing pharmacy education credit.
ACPE # 0535-0000-15-008-H05-P
Knowledge based activity
Physicians continuing education credit
This CME activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through ScientiaCME. ScientiaCME is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
ScientiaCME designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Course Release Date 6/4/2015
Course Expiration Date 6/4/2018