MODULE - HIV-107
TITLE - The Specialty Pharmacist’s Role in the Management of the HIV and the Hepatitis C Co-Infected Patient
TARGET AUDIENCE - Target audiences for this program are Specialty Pharmacists, Pharmacists, Clinical Pharmacists, Specialty Pharmacy executives, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Pharmacy Officers, Nurses, and Infusion Nurses.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - After completing the program, Specialty Pharmacists, Pharmacists, Clinical Pharmacists, Specialty Pharmacy executives, Pharmacy Directors, Chief Pharmacy Officers, Nurses, and Infusion Nurses along with other healthcare practitioner participants will be able to:
- Interpret Hepatitis serology patterns to determine the need for immunization or treatment
- Discuss the benefit and limitations with Immunization against Hepatitis A and B
- Identify the Symptomatology of Hepatitis in the Co-infected patient
- Recommend treatment for Hepatitis B
- Recommend and monitor Hepatitis C treatment and identification of drug interactions and toxicities
- Identify the three biggest barriers to adherence and compliance for the HIV patient concerning HIV and Hepatitis co-infection
- Recognize the three most important clinical and three non-clinical considerations concerning the specialty pharmacist in HIV and Hepatitis co-infection
Before the activity, all faculty and anyone who is in a position to have control over the content of this activity and their spouse/life partner will disclose the existence of any financial interest and/or relationship(s) they might have with any commercial interest producing healthcare goods/ services to be discussed during their presentation(s): honoraria, expenses, grants, consulting roles, speakers bureau membership, stock ownership, or other special relationships. Presenters will inform participants of any off-label discussions. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by the Specialty Pharma Education Center for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
Nursing continuing education credit
Educational Review Systems is an approved provider of continuing education in nursing by ASNA, an accredited provider by the ANCC/Commission on Accreditation. Provider # 5-115. This program is approved for 1 hour of continuing nursing education.
Educational Review Systems is also approved for nursing continuing education by the state of California, the state of Florida and the District of Columbia.
Course release date 6/10/2013
Course expires 6/10/2016